Tuesday, June 7, 2011

L.O.L.

Laugh.
Chuckle.
Giggle.
Merriment.


All this and more when you have two little boys (we pretty much do this every day).

I had this really romantic idea that I would sit out and enjoy the sun and read.
40 pages of that book are now sprinkled with water spots and mud.Trudy, I may have to buy you a new copy.




Have I ever told you how much I hate spilled apple juice???It's sticky, and dries clear and hard to scrub and oh how I hate spilled apple juice.
I just heard an entire glass spill all over the kitchen table and floor.
Nate said, " don't worry, Mom. I can clean that up.... with my mouth."



Chris had to be at a work thing at 6pm tonight, so he was going to "sneak out" early to come see the boys briefly as he needed to come home and change clothes anyway. 5:20 I get a phone call asking for me to get out the gps and his clothes because he is going to have to make a quick change and leave again. Frustrated (because I had already announced to the boys daddy was coming home to play for a minute and they were waiting at the door) I asked what happened, as he told me he was leaving 40 minutes ago. This was not fair, as I know he has no control over things like this. And he didn't. A partner came in to assign a project, yadda, yadda. It just is hard that there is no consideration or respect for families (not because of this incident, but just "big law" life in general). I was thinking about this and how attorneys in general (at big firms) have something like an 80% divorce rate. So, with that, they view their job as the constant in life, not family. What your time and attention should be devoted to because it's what is going to see you through. I get it. It's just sad. I am so glad we don't view life that way.

p.s. We spent 5 hours at Pirate Fest. I seriously think there need to be badges you earn like boy scouts for things moms do. I def. earned a badge.