Best things about this park:
-HUGE!
-One entrance and fenced in (so kids can safely run free)
-picnic tables and tree shade outside of play area
-handicap friendly ( I loved this. There were kids in power wheel chairs that were playing side by side with my kids)
- bathrooms
Not-Best things about this park:
- No shade on actual play area.
- With all of the walls from the buildings and towers, etc. there was hardly a hint of a breeze in there- translation- go early morning or a night because IT WAS HOT in the afternoon sun!
-It is hard to eye-spy your kids. There are so many places for them to hide, and the playground is so big, with walls (solid structures that you can't see past). It takes more than 30 seconds to get a visual on kids. So it's just easier to sit by the gate and make sure they don't go out.
our guys on the right
It's hard to describe what made this park so magical. There were slides and monkey bars and swings and climbing things, like all typical parks, but the way they were incorporated in to the play ground was really fun.
This playground was brilliantly designed.I have never been to a playground that creatively inspired me, or that I could rightfully call beautiful. I mean, look at those green shingles on the tower in the first picture. Adorable! They were not a pattern painted on, they were individual singles. Every thing was so quality and done so professionally. I guess that's what I am impressed about the most. So many times people think, "they're kids, they don't care" and do a crappy, rushed job. Everything here was incredibly detailed and artistically done. I really am doing a terribly job of describing it. Wonderful park. Hope to go back and visit with Chris, even with the 50 minute drive out there.
Nate "swimming"
That cool sound it makes.
That's what this steering wheel did when you turned it.
Like I said,
they added so many little details to this place to make it truly magical.
I wish I had taken more pictures to capture all of the amazing details, but I got busy playing, and then spent the afternoon on the picnic bench catching up with good friends.
And we finished the day with gelato.
(think of that being said like, "and they lived happily ever after"... to me, they are pretty much the same thing ;)
Andy said more than once, " this is fun!" My friend turned to me and said, "and that's why we do this, right?". Her simple statement melted my heart. That is why we do this. We research fun places to take you, pack up the car, and drive an hour to play at a playground for that sweet smile and exclamation, "this is fun!"
I am so thankful to have good friends who are wonderful mothers and an inspiration to me. I am so thankful for two healthy, happy little boys who I get to spend my days playing with. In fact, I think I will go do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment