Mondays are hard.
The house is trashed.
Chris goes back to work.
Laundry is backlogged.
Today I found a miracle solution.
Have friends over.
When the boys are busy playing, I get my work done. We all stay busy.
We also went to another park today, but we went after lunch and it was just too hot. I think parks are banned to "morning only" for the most part.
It's in Fox Point. If you take Spooner to a dead end, it dead ends into the parking lot of the playground. I found this park when scouting out condos to rent this spring. It's a great park, with two playgrounds and a double drinking fountain (but no bathrooms). It's right next to Indian Creek which has a few bridges (which the boys love) and a gazebo on the playground (which the boys love). There are 2 playgrounds. The larger one being a big wooden structure with different types of things- a wobbly bridge, lots of slides, swinging monkey bars, the gazebo that is accessed from a rope-climbing wall, the wobbly bridge, or ladder. I think the boys like it so much because the gazebo is up in the air and they feel like they are going to a fort. It's really big too. Sorry no pictures. It was a spur of the moment thing. I will try to get pictures of it. And it's not labeled on a map, but you can see it in the following link.
I started reading this yesterday

and really wished that I had brought it to the park with me. I am only 20 or so pages in, but I am totally hooked. (Thanks, Trudy).
Speaking of books, Chris reads this aloud on Sundays

we all love it. If you love the movie then you will looove the book. I really love snuggling up together listening to Dad read. I am trying to do a lot of "throw-backs" to earlier times. One being reading aloud with the whole family for entertainment. I will do a post on "throw backs" another time. You should try it. This is a great book to start with.
Friday during our pirate-prep I stopped at TJMaxx. The boys found these scooters in the toy section and followed me around the store. When I told them it was time to go, the said, "No, Mom! Keep looking!" I was pretty sure I was going to get kicked out of the store, but everyone else seemed to be as amused by it as I was.

I really hope these cars are not still there the next time I go because obviously they will expect it, and to be honest, it was really rude of me, and they did not yield at intersections or give right of way to pedestrians.