This was the first year since my grandpa passed away. The baton has successfully been passed.
The Otts are incredibly close-knit. Mom mom's siblings travel all over to attend every mission farewell and every wedding. We gather for baby blessings, baptisms, graduations, birthdays. Growing up we spent our spring breaks and summer vacations traveling to visit family. I spent a month every summer with my cousin Anne Marie. I attended EFY more than once with 3 cousins: Wendy, Jessie and Anne Marie. All 4 of us went to college together in Provo. I could do a whole post on my girl cousins (and the wives of my boy cousins).
They are some of my dearest friends.
This did not happen by chance.
Our parents sacrificed a lot to make sure we had those bonds.
We have learned through their example that family is the most important thing in life.
"small group" this year. Missing most of my cousins
***
Now we are the parents.
And it's our turn to replicate that magical childhood for our children and their cousins.
To strengthen them.
To support them.
To encourage them.
To enliven them.
This is Andee.
She's my new BFF.
And such an inspiration to me.
(yes, that's frosting)
p.s. I was so glad this guy could be here this year, after missing last year.
p.p.s. This is exactly what it looks like.
5 comments:
this is great! thanks Jenny.
I wish we could have been there!! I miss it so much!
We wanted to come this year--so sad we missed it!
I think we're all sad we missed it. Wes has already made the comment that it just isn't the same without an Iowa trip. Looked like fun! Miss you guys!
Looks like all had fun! Love the top pic!
Post a Comment