Monday, June 13, 2011

I can do better than this



Yesterday was the worst.
I don't know what happened.
We got up early.
We were ready for church early.
We arrived to church early.
Three things that never happen on Sunday.

The boys were relatively good during sacrament meeting
(apart from when the primary went up front to sing for Fathers' Day- we have a stake meething next Sunday- and Nate announced to the entire congregation, "I am going to find a secret route, and ran around the "long way" to get up front the entire time singing "da da duh-duh, da da duuuuh" - the Indiana Jones Theme song. I literally, literally could hear people whispering "Nate Russell blah blah blah" behind me." No big deal. Then after he got up front he waved. I waved. Once he realized he had an audience, he started making funny faces. Still, no big deal. But I was glad the music leader is my good friend and knows Nate).

I don't remember when things fell apart.
Pretty soon we are battling over lunch, which lead to battling over nap time (obviously needed if we are having a melt down about lunch).

After an hour of wrestling with Nate, falls asleep.
I hope that everyone is in better spirits after naps.
We aren't.

Chris takes the boys out to look at bugs and blow bubbles.


Everyone is happy.
The temperature is perfect.
All 3 boys are never happier than when they are outside.


Back inside.
Bedtime.
It starts again.
'sigh'.
I know everyone has those days.
I just hate having one of those days when Chris is home as he has such little time with them.

Here's to a better day today.


p.s. one funny Andy story: we were looking up the address of a park on the computer and I accidentally closed the browser window. Andy gasped, "rut-roh, Raggy". Cutest. thing ever


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What I would have given to be able to see Nate do that. He is AWESOME! I love your family! You guys are great! :) Love you!

[RochelleG] said...

I'm loving all of your posts! I love the part when Nate pulled faces during the primary song. Classic. My kids always get up and look down and hardly move their mouths to sing!