Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Preferential Treatment


So that was Saturday.
Yesterday the boys started swim lessons.
We were running late and arrived just as classes were starting.
I dropped Nate off at his class and ran over to Andy's class.
Pulled off our clothes and shoes.
Jumped in the pool and grabbed Andy.

Of course, he started screaming.
Mom was running around in a whirlwind and somehow he ended up cold and wet in the pool.

If I would have taken 1/2 a second to think about it, I would have talked to Andy about getting in the pool, dipped our toes in, then had him come to me and get in.

No rewind button, so now I am in a pool with a SCREAMING two year old who want nothing more than to get out of this pool NOW. He starts to climb up my stomach to get out of the water. His foot catches on the top of my swim suit and as he shifts his weight and pushes DOWN... so goes my top.

I kid you not.
I am now standing in a pool in waist deep water flashing the 17 year old male instructor with my un-glamorous, 2-children-later- post-nursing-boobs.
I cup myself with one arm (because I am also holding Andy)quickly turned my back only to flash all of the parents watching lessons (and me) from beach chairs.
Was it daddy drop off day?!
I have never seen so many dads at the pool!
Sheesh!
I have to set Andy on the edge of the pool so that I can replace my top, only drawing more attention to myself.

I put my top (and pride) back in place and return to class like no big deal.
And spent the rest of class keeping Andy's feet a safe distance from my suit.


My favorite comments from friends:
"you should definitely get some free classes out of that"
"maybe you will get preferential treatment now"

I definitely got a lot of smiles from the sidelines from moms, dads and babysitters alike.
Or were they smirks......



4 comments:

Amy said...

i agree. you should definately get some free classes for that one!

Stephanie said...

Hiiiiiiilarious. Bless that Andy for giving you such a worthy "most embarrassing moment" story!

Candice said...

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the good laugh!

The Harkers said...

Oh my goodness, I would have died! Good job handling it with such class! :)